HOME FIRST UK Mortgage Brokers, Mortgages, Re-mortgages, First Time Buyers, Buy To Let, Secured Loans, Home and Life Insurances.
When moving home it is extremely useful to plan everything well in advance to avoid stress and costly mistakes. Below is a simple checklist that can smoothen up the whole process.
One Month before moving
- Request a change of address with the Post Office for everybody receiving mail at your home.
- Notify creditors, banks, magazines and all other subscriptions of your new address.
- Request your family's medical records from your doctors and dentists for your.
- Notify all local utility companies to stop your service upon your departure and contact utilities at your new address to get connected upon your arrival.
3 Weeks Before Moving
- Decide what you are taking with you and request packaging materials and boxes.
- Make arrangements to move your plants and pets.
2 Weeks Before Moving
- Carefully plan your trip to your new destination.
- Arrange for servicing of your appliances both at your current home and your new home if necessary.
- If moving your TV antenna or satellite dish, make arrangements to have it dismantled.
1 Weeks Before Moving
- Transfer bank and savings accounts so you don't lose interest.
- Arrange to discontinue your land line telephone service.
- Decide which items you're taking with you.
- If you are packaging yourself, pack these items and set aside in a designated area.
- Empty the petrol from lawn mowers and other power equipment.
1 Day Before Moving
- Separate a box of things you will need as soon as you arrive at your new home i.e. cleaning supplies, disposable plates and cups, light tools, snacks, bathroom items and bin bags and take this box with you.
- Defrost and dry refrigerator.
- Be present when the removal driver arrives and throughout the loading process.
- Check on the condition of your items as they are loaded.
- Make a final tour of your home to make sure that nothing is overlooked.
- Turn off all switches and lock all windows and doors.