HOME FIRST UK Mortgage Brokers, Mortgages, Re-mortgages, First Time Buyers, Buy To Let, Secured Loans, Home and Life Insurances.


Home and Contents Insurances

Building insurance is compulsory with every mortgage. It applies though only to freehold properties as leasehold flats have their own block policies.


Buildings insurance usually pays for damage to the property and also for rebuilding of the property to the same specifications in case of it being destroyed.


If contents cover is included as an addition to the policy it will cover the furnishings and equipment.


Usually the lenders will offer their own policies, but it is always worth shopping around as the prices could vary substantially.


We at Home First UK can source the market for you and offer you a free no obligation quotation and no fee upon purchase.